Monday, September 24, 2007

Crazy Keith's Corner: He's Angry--Are You?

Out of the past four games (3 excruciating wins, tonight's "I knew I could turn it off when Mota came in" loss) I've only caught one (Sunday) with Keith in the booth. And he was pissed. Yet he seemed pissed at the way the Marlins were playing, when he should have been more critical of the Mets. It was mind-boggling...

(A ball is hit to the left side of the infield, the runner gets on, and CW11 shows a replay)
Keith: Where's Miguel Cabrera? Napping in his rocking chair.

See? At that was only one example out of at least five I was able to write down. At least Mex had a reason:

Gary: Let me say this--you're really angry today.
Keith: I've been testy. It's been a long year. I didn't get a nap in yesterday.
Gary: There was that movie 12 Angry Men--you are the One Angry Man today.

So with the lead at 2 games and a magic number of 5, the math is simple. If the Phillies go 4-2 the rest of the week (which seems very likely) the Mets need to play .500--yes, 3 and 3--to win the division. They would likely play the getting hot Cubs. But the way September has gone, that's really getting ahead of ourselves.

No comments: